Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Card Pictures

Don't you love getting Christmas cards that have pictures in them! I sure do! I just love to see how much friends and families have grown and changed through the years. I actually kept up our Christmas card photos of friends and family on the wall all year. I read somewhere to make a flip book of all your Christmas card photos and as a family pray for one of the families in your book each night at dinner. I think we will start to do this so... if blessing start coming your way it just might be that you were in our prayers and God agreed.


However, I agonize over sending out Christmas card photos. I know that I shouldn't. But ... it is just so hard to get a good picture one worthy of being "THEE Christmas Photo". Cooper's good smiling days are over (for now), he is very interested in being behind the camera looking through the viewfinder. "I see" "I see" is what he says. Allie has to be in just the right mood.

We only have one picture of the 4 of us so we thought a Sears Photo Day was in order. WOW - what an ordeal. Matching but not too matchy clean clothes for everyone, a scheduled appointment at just the right time of day when everyone is happy, not hungry or not ready for a nap. So we get to Sears and wait 50 minutes for our 12:30 appointment. By this time Alllie is ready to eat and Coop is on the verge of a nap. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! The stress . . . So we don't get any pictures of Coop and Allie together and only a few of the 4 of us. So I schedule another appointment and not so politely remind them that we waited nearly an hour - Lee rolls his eyes in agony that we'll have to do this again in 4 hours after naps and afternoon snacktime. He is a trooper and I just love it that my dear husband goes along with my crazy Christmas card photo ideas every year. Usually my sister takes our picture or we run to get in place for the instant digital.

So ... now even more than before I appreciate Christmas card photos in which all the kids are smiling or not smiling because I know the frustration.

I will not go into the demise of our visit and photo with Santa. You can see for yourself!
I was smart to not make Lee go with me to another photo op. but I told Heidi it was her turn. I don't think she was thrilled but I've got a really cool sister and she was a huge help.


Thank you God, Christmas Card Photos are over until next year.
(This statement was truely and non-sarcasticly said in my evening prayer)

1 comment:

Amber said...

Love it! Our trip to Santa didn't go well either - must be a recurring theme this year!! And we've had our fair share of "fun" experiences at Sears Portrait too. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!