Saturday, January 15, 2011

A poem - "When will I ..."

When will I?

When will I stop cleaning up all these crumbs?
When will I be through with potty training little bums?

When will I get to watch the 'Today' show?
When will mine be the only nose I blow?

When will cartoons be a thing of the past?
When will keeping up with chore charts not be a task?

When will I get a restful nights sleep?
When will I stop tip-toeing into their rooms for a peek?

When will I enjoy a cup of coffee without interruptions?
When will I not be the mediator between these sibling eruptions?

When will I get to shower alone?
When will mine be the only hair I comb?

When will my bathroom trips be for a party of one?
When will demonstrations of poop and pee be done?

When will I not play these games of pretend?
When will 'wrestle mania' in the living room come to an end?

I know, I know
It will all be over too soon they say,
& then these details I'll try to replay.

But, moment by moment is all I can see right now . . .
So through this time in my life I'll prayerfully plow.

By Michelle Carlson
Inspired by the crumbs under the table today.

Mother's Day 2009

1 comment:

Carrie Brown said...

I LOVE this!! Totally with you on the TOday show! Although I am pretty sure the answer is when they both get on the bus at 7:30 to go to elementary school.;)