Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunny Bikini Luau Smoothie!

Ok this smoothie was absolutely "totally awesome dude".  It really surprised me how good it was when I took the first sip!!!  Before drinking it, I caught a whif and it "totally" smelled like a luah.  You know, that sweet and succulent smell of pineapple, soy sauce steak and pepper/onions roasting on a kabob.

The name for this smoothie has a story.  The other day my hubby and I were talking about Bikini's.  Not sure why we were on that subject but anyway, I mentioned that my poor body will probably never get to 'Bikini-It' again.  My short body never really rocked the Bikini - even in my prime.  Lee asked for an explanation as to why the Bikini was never coming back - really do I have to painfully explain that?
 (It is wonderful how husbands only see the good curves) I'll spare you the details ... but when I made this smoothie it reminded me of a dreamy Sunny day on the beach, watching the surfers, lounging in a Bikini and melting into the scent of Luau food cooking.
Sunny Bikini Luau Smoothie
a handful of ice
one orange
apple juice - so it mixes well in blender
2  handfuls of frozen pineapple
1 celery stalk - won't taste it
1/2 yellow bell pepper -won't taste it
protein powder - won't taste it

Yep I was dreaming, but this smoothie is really good, "totally try it dude"!

1 comment:

auntie hootie said...

I'm buying a blender with our tax return... love the smoothie love lately!!!