Saturday, April 2, 2011

What thrills you about shopping?

What thrills you about shopping?
Ladies - we love to do it! But I think we love it for many different reasons.

Would you rather shop in an expensive purse store or at a garage sale?
Would you rather shop in an overpriced but relaxing grocery store (Whole Foods) or in a cheap version (Fiesta)?
Would you rather window shop in the air conditioned mall or get down and dirty (literally) in a thrift store?

I must admit I am thrilled with the garage sale, Fiesta, thrift store shopping!  Yes, a little embarrassed but also ashamed that I am embarrassed about that .... probably because I grew up loving the hunt of a good deal and shopping this way with my family.

Ok, the reason for this blog post is purely to brag and share with you what great deals can be found at the 99 cent store, not Dollar Tree but the 99 cent store!  Yes, there's a 99 cent store in Katy! 99 cent stores get grocery items that the high-end stores have bought too many of or will go bad before they are able to sell - (always check the 'sell by date') Their grocery items are always changing which also is thrilling and disappointing because you can't count on getting the same good deal twice.

Each grocery item was only 99 cents - some items are 3 times less expensive than Walmart's items.

1.5 pounds of lemons
 2 pounds of onions or 8 small
 8 Bagels, they also had Cinn. Raisin and wheat variety
 6 pac Yoplait yogart - walmart price 50c each
(savings of $2)
 large bag of Spinach - for my Momba Smoothie
 Med to Large bag of Carrots
 Large tub of Yogart - also had Strawberry variety
($2.38 @ Walmart)
 Tub of spreadable butter
 'my favorite too lazy to make a pot of coffee' - go to!
($2.99 regular price)
 8 kiwi in a bag - walmart they are 33c each
(save $1.66)
 bag of 7 large banana's
 pint of half & half
they even have plants - this one was huge and so pretty!

I love to get a good deal on normal stuff because that means I have extra money to spend on shopping spree's at the thrift stores!  He he he - no really, it is a bit embarrassing how excited I get when there's a good deal just waiting for me!  My kids also love the 99c store because they sometimes get to pick out a toy and it's only a buck!

Hope you have a 99c store near you and that you have the guts to venture in and enjoy the hunt- it's thrilling, trust me!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm not much of a girl...shopping really isn't my favorite thing to do. Unless I'm without kids, truly have the time and money, and don't have to try too many places before I find what I'm looking for - and that doesn't happen very often. But I still shop - a LOT. There's a good-sized handful of people depending on me to do it all! And one of the things that I DO enjoy about it is the looks on their faces when I being home the perfect . Whether it's a new book or a cool t-shirt, a new kind of cereal...or cereal at all, depending on how low we got on stuff before I got out. :) I love being the hero after a long day of shopping!

PS - And thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I've got to admit I'm a little jealous - but super-excited for you - that you and Carrie ended up so close. :)