Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Mardi Gras!

Happy Mardi Gras! (However after several years of living in Louisiana I still am not really sure what Mardi Gras celebrates.) I'd much rather say "Happy Spring!" But in Rome do as the Romans. Happy Mardi Gras!
We've been to a total of 2 parades this year! I think that is plenty. Sorry all you native Southerners but we native Californian's just can't cope with parade after parade. It's simply not our practice of fun. Lee and I have disected the purpose of Mardi Gras and have come to the conclusion that it is a "southern tradition" and it must be an excuse to turn everything into a party with friends and family. However I can't deny how wide Cooper's eyes got when we saw the sights at Selene's Night Parade. So for our kids sake, who are native Louisiana's, we'll do the Mardi Gras thing and try not to cringe too obviously. Ha Ha Ha !

1 comment:

Carrie Brown said...

Oh my goodness!! Looks like you all had so much fun! Wish we could have been there too!! I cannot get over how much Allie has changed since December!!! Look at all that hair!! She is precious...little beaded DIVA!!!