Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cute Quotes!

Allie loves to eat speghetti noodles (now) and every time I say, "Ready to eat some noodles" or "eat your noodles" or "noodles are yummy" she says seriously, "No it's snakes".  I think she really thinks she's eating snakes?



Cooper was in a bad mood and had been sent to his room a few times for various offences.  Later in the day he cheered up and came to me and said, "Mama remember that "fit" I was in?"
 "Oh yes, I remember."  I said
"Well Mama, I just threw that fit away because I don't need it!" as he pitched his hand over his shoulder.
"You did the right thing getting rid of it, Cooper, Thanks." I tried not to laugh
He smiled and said, "yeah, That's what you gotta do Mama when you have a fit"
I said, "I'll try that next time I have one! Thanks for that good idea!"
"Yep, that's what Mrs. Manhall tells us to do at school and it really works!" He said proudly


On Cooper's birthday we sang the "Happy Birthday" song and then Cooper said, "Now I've gotta make a wish"  so he closed his eyes for a few moments then said, "ok" and blew out his candles.  We haven't talked about making wishes so he must have gotten that idea from somewhere else.  I was so curious what his wish was, hoping that he didn't know that if you tell  a wish is may not come true. So when I asked him what he wished for he said very frankly, "I wished that I could blow out my candles!" I chuckled to myself wondering if that was a real wish or what he thought was the official wish people always make before blowing out their candles.

The morning after Cooper's birthday he asked me moments after he woke up, "Am I  four today too?"  I said, "Yes, you will be four for a long time!"  Then he said, "For like 100 days?"  Excitedly I said, "No, not for 100 days but for almost 400 days!"  He smiled and said, "Wow and when I'm 5 I'll be 5 for almost 500 days!"  I laughed and said, "We'll see, let's just work on being a great 4yr. old today"!

The weather was getting colder and I started putting Chapstick on the kids before we'd go outside.  One morning Cooper said, "Oh Mama, don't forget my lip chalk!".  I couldn't figure out for several minutes what he was talking about.  He finally said,  " Mom, it's that stuff you put on our lips that smells good but you aren't supposed to eat it!"  Finally I understood he was talking about Chapstick, but I think we'll continue to call is lip chalk, just because it's just sooo funny  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh- I miss those crazy kids!!! Aunty Heidi Loves you!

Vicki Carlson said...

Brings back so many fond memories of our family camping trips from FL to CA and all over the west coast. I know Cooper and Allie had as much fun as you did. Even the wet beds and stinky shoes! Hugs!