Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2010's Hopeful Anticipation ...

Last January I wrote a blog post titled, "Hopeful Anticipation".  In this post I knew God was up to something but that "something" was hidden.  I knew the Spirit was preparing us for something to happen in 2010, call it discernment, insight, intuition, a feeling, a stirring deep within ....

I call it "the burning bush".  I often feel like a modern day Moses, I have many faults and a few fears, but then when I rely on the Spirit; grace, calm, strength, and faith exude. God's presence and direction visible and  warming this unmistakeable fire penetrates if you have eyes to see it and open hands to accept the generous gift.  What is the gift?  It's the presence of God's Spirit directly involved in all of the moments of your life. Do you have the"spiritual eyes" to see this? Do you deny the gift of the helper, do you ignore it or gratefully rely on it?

A little Jesus-Freak-ish?  Yes, I know!  However, I can not deny it, it is more real than anything I have ever seen visually, known mentally or experienced physically.  I attempt to consciously live driven by the Spirit moment by moment.  I am not always successful or discerning, but I'm working on that!

Christians have no problem with accepting all of the amazing miracles of the old and new testament.  However, how is it that some Christians don't accept or want to see that the Spirit is at work in our lives today?  It is so confirming that the Spirit is alive and active when I read what Jesus said in John 16, "I have to leave you now but a helper is coming in my place, and I must go in order for me to send him .... when the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you in all truth." I believe those words are for us today, not just for the first 12 disciples.

How did I know 2010 was going to be a big year? Not intuition, not a good guess, but by truly searching out that fork in the road God had for us.  The Spirit of God put anticipation in the pit of my stomach and in the desires of my heart to follow wherever that may lead.  I wasn't fearful if God was sending us down a path of struggle, been there - done that and honestly it was an amazing time of transformation and growth. Painful at times, Yes!  Of course I was hoping that the fork would lead to green rolling hills and beauty of some kind.

Moving to Katy has been a wonderful realization of that "Hopeful Anticipation".  Not many rolling hills here (it's pretty flat) but beauty beyond what we ever hoped for.  Beauty in the way God worked out all the tiny details and vividly guided us to this place.

Ever wish you had a crystal ball and could see into the future?  Maybe you can.  The Spirit may show you just what God has in store for you.   But you've got to be listening and searching and open and close to the Spirit to make sense of it all, otherwise you'll mistake the Spirit's voice as a good guess, mother's intuition or a coincidence.  It is very exciting to see God working in the details of your life, my prayer is that you have eyes to see it. Amen!

No comments: