Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A season for all things ... 11-1-11

Some season's in life you anticipate like the first fall day you get to bake pumpkin bread, some you dread like the first day of August in Texas, some seasons are just sprung upon you like the early death of my Daddy.  Whatever the season, it doesn't do any good to fight it or be angry at it.  The season's of life are chances for us to grow.  If we embrace the season it will be easier to cope.  If we learn and be thankful for that season we can be used by God.

My season right now is to rest and to grow these twin boys as best I can and as long as I can here in the hospital.  We are at 24 weeks and a few days and praying that our season in the hospital lasts at least until Thanksgiving.

In Sept and Oct Lee had to work 3 weeks and was home one week for each of those months.  A long time without Daddy and Hubby was a stretch especially for 2 months in a row which was really uncommon also.  Being pregnant with twins for those 2 months and caring for Cooper (almost 5) and Allie (3) was a stretch.  With plans for a fun Halloween weekend and Cooper's 5th birthday party we were eager for our family to be together for 2 weeks. However when Lee did get home the very next day is when the little twin's sac ruptured.

We had Cooper's 5th birthday party planned for Sat. which happened to be the day after the rupture.  A decked out 'Star Wars' party was his dream party.  What a trooper he was to understand that things had to be changed because of his twin brothers needing to be in the hospital.  That party will be awesome Cooper - when things settle down we'll do it!

I'm praying that this time for Cooper and Allie is a good season to get more connected with Lee without me.  I remember special times with my Daddy and how I loved not having my mom right there to fill up the space with conversation or activities.  Those times were usually on the houseboat for vacations, working on a project in the garage or my dad driving me to a friends house.   I hope things are going ok at home while I grow these babies and I pray this season is not wasted by any of us.  I hope we take hold of it and let us be molded by it so that we are more usable by God.

5 comments:

Melissa Macy said...

WOW - praying for you and your babies.

Elizabeth said...

I just love your sweet family and what an awesome big brother Cooper is. Praying constantly for your family!

Leslie Klein said...

Praying for your family! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you or your family!
Love you all!
Leslie Klein

Jenn said...

Cooper is a trooper just like his great Mom and Dad. We are so thankful that they are taking care of you and the boys at the hospital. Praying for all of ya'll. Much love from all the Greens.

Carrie said...

Praying for you Michelle! I can only imagine how challenging this is and I love you perspective, of not wasting where God has placed you today.