Thursday, November 3, 2011

Today's Thoughts 11-4-11

Had a great night sleep.  Thank you Lord!

Visited by my OB today.  I just love her!  She informed me that I am anemic - low iron count.  My body needs to do iron infusions every other day, 3 times a day, for an hour and a half each of those times for the next 4 weeks in order to avoid a blood transfusion when the babies are delivered.  Not fun being hooked up to the "pole" - the IV pole, which restricts my ability to walk around my 8X8 room but I am thankful that it is only every other day!

Then my OB told me she was going on a cruise for her 50th birthday and her dad's 82nd birthday.  She was so reluctant and felt horrible to be leaving me.  So sweet!!!  All I could do was put out a big smile, and insist that she have a wonderful time.  I reassured her that I felt in good hands with her other team members.  She looked so relieved!  Thankful to be showered in grace and then be able to extend that same grace.

Tomorrow should be a great day for Lee and the kids.  They are going to the zoo which is only 10 min from the hospital, then visiting me,  While out of the house wonderful friends are bringing dinner and preschool lady friends are coming to do a little house cleaning.  We are feeling so spoiled and eager to shower blessing on people when our time to serve comes along.  Until then just doing our best to wait patiently!

2 comments:

Jillian Moller said...

Yippy yay! for the blog. I look forward to keeping up with you guys.

Booo for the IV infusions. I fought to stay off of them, but I only had one little bundle in my belly.

I look forward to coming to see you this weekend!

Lee, Michelle, Cooper 4 and Allie 3 said...

Correction - Iron 3 times a week for 4 weeks not 3 times a day for 4 weeks