Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Work is Play for Today!!!

You know the stage - the stage when kids have more fun doing grown up work than to play like a kid. I think this stage re-emerges throughout our lives. My little Coope is in this stage and has been such a huge help. For me chores around the house can get a bit frustrating and overwhelming but now I simply seek out chores for Coop and I to do together. His happy little heart is contagious and now those old chores don't seem so monotonous.








Iadmit that I now seek out helpful things for him to do. He feels so proud to just be a copy cat. Anyway when I was a kid my mom made it so fun to do grown-up chores. You can never start too early right? His favorite chore is feeding Duke our dog.

Have we broken a dish or two? Do the chores take a lot longer to do? Yeah - but the enthuistic help is worth the mess and the time. Lessons in gravity and "be careful" will pay off someday too! I'm anxiously awaiting the day to introduce Cooper to the weed wacker. Ha Ha!

No comments: