Monday, November 7, 2011

11-7-11 Update

I am doing well the past 2 days.  Saturday afternoon and evening was rough, had too much fluid leakage and had to get a new IV, 24 hour continuous heart rate monitoring (uncomfortable - no sleep), ultrasound to check amniotic fluid levels and spec exam.  No problems just a busy day of ruling thing out because of the excessive fluid leakage.

By Sunday afternoon I was able to be off the IV pole for Lee, Cooper and Allie's visit.  We took a wheelchair ride to the Children's Atrium Garden.  They were able to run around, count the birdhouses and played hide n' go seek.  We worked on a Star Wars puzzle of Bobo Fett, had some snacks and did a turkey craft.  It was nice to have some real food from Olive Garden.  We all enjoyed our time together!

Today low key with only a few hours of heart rate monitoring and 2 hours of IV infusions of iron (for anemia).  No visitors today which is refreshing to just have some quiet time.  Had a craft session with my bed rest buddy Sylvia and the Spiritual Care leader Sarah. Sylvia was having a rough day so it was good to talk and cry with her.

Having a bit of trouble with my IV sites.  IV's are supposed to last about 7 days before changing sites but my veins won't last more than 4 days.  I'v had 3 different IV sites in 11 days.  Bruising and soreness is setting in.  I think I'm ready for the next IV to go into my foot to give my forearms a break.  I can't complain because I am not continuously  hooked up the the IV pole, like my bed-rest buddy is.  I feel like I am getting a medical education here - ha ha ha!  The more the IV sites are switched the higher chance of infection.  If I get an infection the Dr's will deliver the babies because they are safer out of the womb rather than in the womb with an infection swimming around.

Looking forward to my friend Carrie visiting tomorrow!

So, please pray for no infections, no contractions, and the possibility for me to not have an IV site set up.

There's your update!

1 comment:

Lee, Michelle, Cooper 4 and Allie 3 said...

Yeah - Thank you God! I don't have to have a new IV site for a few days! Answered prayer!